Position: Librarian - Electronic Resources
Salary Range: $42,000 with Bachelor's - $50,000 with Master's
--CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION--
|Full Time Benefitted
Responsible for ensuring that Miller Library continually provides high-quality, robust access to its electronic services and resources.
- Investigates, recommends, implements, manages, and troubleshoots access to electronic library resources, including databases, e-books, and other applications. Ensures that electronic resources maintain compatibility with existing library systems.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with vendors to learn about relevant new products and services.
- Serves as the liaison between Miller Library and WNMU’s IT and Online / Distance Education Departments. Coordinates new software releases and evaluates the functionality of electronic product features.
- Assists with library instruction, especially in the creation and delivery of online instruction materials.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and advancement of digital projects and collections.
- Works with Technical Services personnel to maintain and optimize the library’s ILS operations.
- Regularly participates in Reference Desk shifts by providing general and specialized reference assistance to library patrons. Assists in the development and delivery of new services made possible by emerging technologies. This includes but is not limited to reference services, library instruction, self-paced tutorials, and making library resources available for faculty to integrate into their LMS course sites.
- Updates the library website through the University’s CMS.
- Participates in library and WNMU committees.
- Provides a broad range of administrative and supervisory functions. Supervises assigned staff in accordance with WNMU personnel practices including recruitment, training, performance evaluation, guidance, etc. Participates in the process of ongoing personal and professional development. Maintains comprehensive communication among all contacts (internal and external). Models professional standards and ethics in accordance with WNMU philosophy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of library experience required. Master’s degree in Library Science or related field preferred. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Knowledge using Integrated Library Systems and library services platforms, with an emphasis on Ex Libris products Alma and Primo. Current knowledge of the ecosystem of electronic resources. Knowledge of Western New Mexico University’s mission, goals, and objectives for student educational opportunities. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community including staff, faculty, students, and public patrons. Skill in operating a variety of library equipment, including microfiche/microfilm readers and printers, photocopiers, computerized catalog systems, networked computers and printers, barcode scanners, label printers, and audio-visual equipment. Skill in maintaining confidential records and files. Must be knowledgeable of university policies and procedures. Must be able to handle multiple deadlines and maintain accuracy. Must be sensitive to cultural differences within the University and community. Fluent in Microsoft Office Applications.
|Working Conditions/ Physical Demands (With or Without Accommodations)
Normal library environment which requires flexible schedule that includes some evenings and weekends. May be required to lift, push, or pull carts of books, normal office equipment, books, and materials. Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information. Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication. Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions. Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing, reaching (high and low) for books and other library materials, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling, and prolonged sitting. Work involves exposure dust and dusting of surfaces. May be required to work additional hours or days depending on circumstances.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
* How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
All applications must be submitted through the Western New Mexico University Careers page.
- Cover Letter